Saturday, April 18, 2009

The Lego Birthday Party

John decided this year to have a Lego themed birthday party. So I put my thinking cap on and came up with a pretty good party, if I do say so myself. I went to Lego.com and made a poster. My friend Mark McBride helped me turn it into an invitation with his photoshop program. I also printed up stickers to put in the gift bags. Since John's birthday is so close to Easter, I was able to find mini Lego sets in the Easter isle at the store and those went into the gift bags as well. John was able to invite four friends. We kept the party to one hour and it went really well. We had the party in the morning (10:30 am to 11:30 am) so that John would not have so much anxiety that day waiting for the guests to arrive.

One of the games was guess how many Lego candies are in the jar. Alison and I made this "basket" out of Legos for the boys to put their guesses in.

The cake. John really wanted it to be red. The best I could do was pink. So 9:30 at night, with the party the next morning, I called my neighbors to borrow more powdered sugar. And blue it was. The boys all loved it! They thought it looked just like a Lego.

The "ice breaker" activity was a Lego connect the dot picture which they could then color.


The second game was a Lego Build Off. Each boy received a bag of Legos that Mark put together. They all had items to make a car, air plane and/or any thing else they could imagine. After explaining that they could build whatever they wanted we set the timer for 10 minutes. Mark was the judge. It was a tough job, but a winner was picked. The third game was pin the Lego Mars Mission guy next to the Lego Mars Mission Rover. Another poster I printed up off of Lego.com and took to the local printer to have blown up. They boys all had a lot of fun!


Happy Birthday John!


"The Muscle Crew"
Cory, John, Jake, Blake, and Jon

No comments: