Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Multitasking

While emptying the dishwasher, Alison decided she wanted to color. She used her "favorite" ink pen and colored on the counter, dishwasher (inside and out), various bowls, cups and lids. I had her use a "magic eraser" to clean up. She complained the whole time that "it's not coming off". I pointed out that is why we only write on paper. I made her scrub until dinner was ready (2 min tops). She told me, "I don't want to stand here cleaning anymore. I wanted some me time on the couch before dinner". To which I replied, "keep scrubbing".

1 comment:

Melissa said...

Just when you think your kids are old enough to know better. I've had to tell Sophia to not sit on the baby, and she colored with red marker on the wall behind her bedroom door. Just two of the things that come to mind. I often want me time too.