Thursday, June 25, 2009

Alpha and Omega in Seattle

My sister Nicole came to spend a month with us. We really enjoyed having her here. One of the first things she told me was this idea she had. She thought we should make matching shirts. My shirt would say "Alpha" because I am the oldest. Her shirt would say "Omega" because she is the youngest in our family. We met Mark in Seattle and had lunch in the Space Needle Restaurant. It is a revolving restaurant and takes 45 minutes to make a complete rotation. The kids had so much fun watching the view constantly change. So here we are atop the Space Needle.

Jennifer and Nicole. 17 years apart. I was a senior in High School when she was born. I remember my mom having me take her with me on errands. People thought she was my daughter.
Jennifer, John, Alison and Mark atop the Space Needle.

Look what street Seattle has!

John with the Monk Fish. It is attached to a string and the guys behind the counter move it every so often to scare the viewers. This is the famous fish stand on the corner at Pike's Market Place where they throw the fish.


Nicole with the Monk Fish.


Mark, John, Alison, and Nicole

John, Nicole and Alison all smiles on the Monorail.

2 comments:

Melissa said...

I'm so glad Nicole got to spend a month with you, although we missed our babysitter. I had to laugh when I read her shirt idea and I'm glad you guys made the shirts.

Nicole said...

I'm glad we made them also. That was an amazing trip.