Friday, October 24, 2008

Girls Day Out

Alison told me this morning that she wanted to have girls day. She wanted to come with me to Costco instead of going to her friend's house for a play date. I of course could not say no. It was opening day of the much anticipated High School Musical 3.

So after lunch at Taco Bell, we headed to the theater to see the show. I give it 2 thumbs up! We loved it! It was so fun to sit next to my little girl and see the joy in her eyes as she watched the movie. Of course she could not sit still. None of us could with the great music and dancing, you just wanted to stand up and dance!

A few times during the movie I found myself wiping tears off my cheeks. What!? I am crying during HSM3?! No, I am not pregnant. They just did a really good job with capturing the emotions of change, uncertainty, friendship and love. I also found myself thinking off to the future when my own kids will graduate from High School and leave home. Yea! I mean, sob, tear, wipe my eye. No really, I looked at my little girl willingly sitting next to me and thought I wish this could last forever.

As a side note, I have found out that I am not the only mom to cry during the movie.

1 comment:

Melissa said...

Sounds like a wonderful day. I look forward to being able to going out with just Sophia once Jonah is not as dependent on me.