Sunday, May 11, 2008

Mother's Day Fun

It is so fun to have the children get older and want to do things for you. The kids were excited to make me breakfast in bed this morning. Of course they just learned about this concept earlier in the week from no other than myself! One of my motherly duties is to teach my children, especially about service to others. So with the seed planted, it only took me mentioning breakfast and they were all over dad to get out of bed and take them downstairs! Wow it is so nice to have an extra hour of sleep. They proudly carried up their trays that they prepared for me. Each one had to take a turn to tell me everything they chosen for me. It was so sweet and nice. I enjoyed a "love bite" of the cheeseburger so John could eat the rest. They both really wanted the fruit by the foots so those were given away as well. I was allowed to eat one of the doughnuts, the other one was for Ducky. I was also allowed to eat the toast and raisins. It was the nicest breakfast I have ever had.
Happy Campers

John's tray:
cheeseburger plain, no meat; fruit by the foot; fruit loops; smoothie

Alison's tray:

unbuttered toast; raisins; 2 chocolate doughnuts; fruit by the foot

The rest of the day went well. Mark prepared dinner and let me take a nap. As I was getting the kids ready for bed I told John for what felt like the hundredth time to put his pajamas on. You see, that is a true Mother's Day! Anyway, John precede to tell me that this was "the worst Mother's Day party ever! I don't want to celebrate Mother's Day ever again! I just don't get to do anything I want to do!" To which I replied, "I am having a great Mother's Day. This day is all about me the mom. That is why it is called Mother's Day. It is not about you, you are not the mom.". To which he replied, "then when is Son's Day?". I held back a full laughter because he was serious. He was expecting a day of partying, I guess, and it was at 7:30 at night that he realized no breakfast in bed or presents for him, and mom was still going to tell him what to do. I do love my children! They never stop making me laugh.

1 comment:

Melissa said...

I love the cheeseburger in bed. My mothers day was spent being a mother. Josh had his little surgery on friday so I got to take care of all three kids and him. He said we'd celebrate mothers day another day. Yeah right. Do I sound bitter?