Friday, May 9, 2008

John Loves Mom

On Friday, May 9th, the Kindergartners had a Mother's Day Tea. All the moms were invited to come to the school and watch the children perform 3 songs. Following the songs the children lead us over to tables where we were able to sit together and have tea and cake. John and I enjoyed pink lemonade and carrot cake. Then the teachers handed out all of the wonderful gifts that the children had created for their moms. John made me a trivet which he painted a butterfly on. He also made the picture of him and I and said I was beautiful. When he got home from school he gave me another gift that he made in Kinder Day. It is a candle holder with a coupon in the card valid for his "help" when I want it. I am so lucky!
The songs the children sang were just beautiful. They sang out strong and clear and were so excited to perform for their moms. It just melted my heart to watch my own child up there singing to me. Wow! I don't think that I ever thought my little baby boy would be a Kindergartner. He is so sweet and loving. He enjoys making things for others. John loves to play with his cars, dinosaurs, race tracks and Transformers. He is really enjoying having a play mate in his sister. He loves his best friend Jake and always wants to play with him.
Earlier in the week while I was cuddling with John at night he sang the songs to me. He has such an excellent voice and memorizes things so quickly. One of the songs that they sang to the mothers was "You Are My Sunshine". When John was a baby I used to rock him and sing this song to him. However, I would sing, "you are my son John, my only son John". He informed me that I was wrong when I would sing it to him because I was singing the wrong words. Oh well. John you are still my "only son John" and "my Sunshine". I love you very much and I am so happy that I get to be your mom.




No comments: