Thursday, January 31, 2008

School Canceled- Snow Day?

School was canceled this Monday due to snow. Now for those of you who live in snow, please don't laugh. It had also snowed on Sunday, they even canceled church! So with snow the next day as well, the rural areas would have been hard for the buses, so they say. But somehow the news crews made it around the rural area!
The kids enjoyed themselves and it saves us a trip to the mountains where there is a lot of snow! It was a great day of outside time and warm Burger King and hot chocolate. But as for this mom, it was nice to have the kids go back to school the next day.
Danger! Clear roads!
Snow Princess

Showing the dog tracks

2 comments:

Tanya Quinn said...

Tom and I had a snow day too! We left for work and school the other day but the canyon was closed so they could shoot down avalanches so we don't die in them. We turned around and went home and I slept until we could go down the canyon. I think it's my snow tradition, to just sleep right through it. We plan to make an ice cave this weekend though and go sledding with our nephews and nieces. I'll make sure I post it.

Melissa said...

What a great day for the kids. I remember loving it when we would wake up and look outside to see if there was fog and then calling Sis. Allred to see if there was a fog delay. Or in high school when it would get to hot and we'd get out early. Those were the good ol days. Now we hardly ever have any fog and I think they've installed a/c at BHS. The kids around here have it tough these days. I love the video clips of sledding on the drive way. Alison looks like she got a nice long ride. haha