Tuesday, January 1, 2008

A New Addition


Well we have a new addition to our family. Mark is a huge car buff so he is always wanting something new. So I don't think he was really heart broken when we discovered the transmission in his Impala was going to need to be replaced. So we now have a new 2008 Honda Accord. I told him to make sure it had everything he wanted in it, under the hood, his choice of 2 or 4 doors and tires/ rims and the exact color he wanted. All of this generosity on my part because he is not allowed to trade it in for a long time!


One benefit of his traveling is that he is constantly driving new and different cars from the rental agency. This has helped our relationship because I am not asked to go test drive cars for fun on a date night! And he has walked around with a smile from ear to ear since the day he brought it home.


Me, well I am in love with the car! It feels sporty and stylish and I am sure I turn a few heads. I can say this because when you drive a SUV with kids in it, you don't feel or think any of those thoughts. Mark laughs when I say it feels sporty but I just remind him that when I drive it, there are no kids in it with me. This is what I am thinking when I drive it with a smile:


Oh what a wonderful feeling.

Oh what a wonderful day.

I get to listen to my music.

I don't have to stop fights.

I can get in and out faster.

No kids to buckle up.


Oh what a wonderful feeling.

Oh what a wonderful day.

Time to myself.

Time to play.

3 comments:

Heather said...

That is so funny! Yes, I'm sure you turn heads and look incredibly sporty! It is fun to have a new toy.

Melissa said...

Love the new car.

Anonymous said...

boys and their new cars (I'm rolling my eyes)!