Thursday, January 31, 2008

Chucky Cheese

On January 1st we went to Chucky Cheese for a birthday party for John's friend Jake. The kids had a wonderful time. But what kid does not like Chucky Cheese! John was sad for the first half of the party. I finally pulled him aside and asked what was the matter. This is when I dicsovered HIS problem; the kids were not going to receive party bags. Somewhere I have done the kid wrong in expecting a gift for going to someone else's birthday! How am I ever going to undo this one? So I walked him over to the prize counter and showed him that all of the tickets he had been getting from the games were going to be used to buy his own prizes, instead of a goodie bag. Well that brought a smile because the tickets had been just enough, but when he found out that they could be traded for something better we had to hurry and get more tickets so we could go and spend them! Finally all was right in his world and he could eat his pizza now before we left. You see, he was so sad over no party bags that he refused to eat! What a character he is! Alison had a wonderful time at everything she did and ate. For her the prize counter was just the icing on the cake!

Brandon and John

Bob and Alison

Alison the Race Car Driver


Spencer, Jennifer's Boyfriend!

3 comments:

Tanya Quinn said...

Alison's a little girl now! I love her hair by the way, but they need to stop getting bigger! You know, everyone does love Chuck E Cheese's. I threw Tom a surprise birthday party there a few years back. He doesn't admit it, but I still think it was one of his favorites.

Melissa said...

I think John acted appropriately. After all Chuck E Cheese's is where a kid can be a kid.

Anonymous said...

Your boyfriend is very cute :)!!!