Saturday, February 9, 2008

Happy Birthday

Happy 34th Birthday to Mark! The kids had a lot of fun going to the dollar store to pick out decorations and gifts for dad. They each picked a balloon and two presents for dad. John was concerned that he would not be able to keep the gifts a secret. He said, "What happens if I can't keep the secret and I tell dad what I bought him?" I reassured him that I had faith in his ability to keep a secret. I let the kids do the decorating and setting of the table. Brownies and chocolate ice cream were enjoyed by all. And yes, the hats say "Happy New Year". We forgot to use them at the New Year, but hey, Mark is in a New Year!


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Looks like a fab bday party for Mark...how fun! So was John able to keep his secret?!

Melissa said...

Happy belated Birthday Mark! I loved the slide show, but it made me miss you all so much. I wish we were closer so we could visit more often. At least we have our blogs so I get to see what's going on with your family. I love the new furniture buy the way. Some day I'll get to hanging some pictures on the walls and furnishing my home. Love you all.

Naomi & Greg said...

Happy Birthday Mark! It looks like you guys had so much fun and wow what adorable children. We miss you all. Jennifer, love the couch and new table and chairs. I've eyed similar ones...are they from World Market? do you like haveing all wood or do you miss an upholstered seat cusion?