Wednesday, October 31, 2007

A Spooktacular Family Home Evening

Witches Fingers and Monster Scat on a Log!



Monster Toes and Mummy Face Pizza!


Minni Witches Brooms!

These are a few of our favorite things! Well at least I had fun making them. We also had frozen blood(jello), pumpkin seeds(cheese Sun Chips), and pumpkin juice(orange soda). John really got into the spirit of dinner, not so much the food. Alison got into a lot less of both. Since they are older and really understand the holiday, I thought this would be a fun thing to do. At least Mark and I had a good meal, and so did my neighbor. That night befor bed I told myself that this would turn out to be one of those fond memories for the kids, even if they don't remember that they really didn't touch their food. The next morning at breakfast, Alison told me, "Mom let's just have regular dinners okay? No more halloween dinners." Well there went my theory about fond memories about the food! We had fun using Ghostly Table Manners- thought you would enjoy seeing this!



After dinner it was time to carve the pumpkins. This is what they really wanted to do. John kept saying, "Give me the knife!" Thank heaven for the wonderful pumpkin carving tools.
Carving Time

Squeeze Time!

Alison decided that this was the best thing about carving pumpkins! She had so much fun squeezing the insides.

6 comments:

Naomi & Greg said...

I can't believe how adorable your family is!!! What great Halloween food...I'll have to get them from you sometime. Tell John and Alison that we have been on pins and needles to see Optimus Prime!

angelastotler said...

Kids are great! I totally enjoyed this posting. You really outdid yourself on the food. It looks like such a fun evening.

Memzy said...

Jennifer,
It is your long lost friend, Emily. I was drug into this blogging world by my sister in laws and somehow came across your page. Your family is adorable. My blog is http://theshedertons.blogspot.com/
if you want to catch up.

Melissa said...

I love the ghostly manners. I bet you had so much fun making all that food. Did you have much leftovers? I love the comment that Alison made about regular food.

Anonymous said...

I am trying to read your blog and Jake just keeps asking me why I have pictures of John on my computer and can he just go to "he's" house cuz it more better than ours! Get over it Jake you can't be with him everyday!!!

Alicia said...

Jennifer - It was so good to hear from you again and see pictures of your family. It looks like you have one really cute and fun family. I LOVE the food you made. How creative! I'll have to refer back to this blog next year. I'm glad to see you doing so well and that we get a chance to catch up. Blogs are helping me see so many people from the past - Ben Morgan found our blog awhile ago. Crazy huh?