Tuesday, October 30, 2007

After School Activities



This year Alison is taking ballet classes. She is in a 10 week program that will run year round. She is really enjoying it. She will be performing in the Nutcracker as a Solider on November 30- December 1. If how the kids do in class is any indication of what the performance will be like, it will be quite a show! Bless the teacher for her patience.

John is just as active as ever and so we felt that gymnastics would be a good fit for him. He has had 4 weeks of classes now, once a week for an hour. He is finally understanding that he has to pay attention to the teachers and do what they tell him. He keeps telling me that he just wants to do whatever he wants to while at gym. Poor guy, just hates to have rules. This last week they finally used the balance beam, rope swing, and bounce boards. He was in heaven!

7 comments:

Naomi & Greg said...

Alison, you are such a lovely dancer. Do you love to twirl or jump? Maybe you could make a special dance for us to see sometime. Love, Aunt Naomi, Uncle Greg and Vaughn

Naomi & Greg said...

John,
I can't believe that you were already on the balance beam. Was it scary or just great to walk across? We think you will do wonderful at all the flips and bouncing in gymnastics. Love, Aunt Naomi, Uncle Greg, and Vaughn

Anonymous said...

John is so cool! Alison looks so sweet in her leotard! I would love to see the performance.

Naomi & Greg said...

who is the anonymous post? it is a little scary if you don't identify yourself. the "other" category on a post lets you place your name.

Naomi & Greg said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Melissa said...

I was so happy to see that you updated your blog. I love the picture of Alison at dance class. She looks so cute. I bet John has a lot of fun at gymnastics. I need to get Sophia into dance.

Anonymous said...

I know what activity I want to do with her, I have a nice big bed so we would have lots of room to do it