Monday, December 1, 2008

On the First Day of Christmas

my mom and dad gave to me, my own advent calender! This way we can open a present every day and mom can actually put presents under the tree all month long! It has been the best thing for the kids! They love coming down to the table every morning to open their window and see what new toy they get. John has a Lego advent, and Alison has a My Little Pony advent (and her two black eyes, poor thing).

John gets ready for school so fast now! I may have to do this all year!

2 comments:

SHAKS Watts said...

Oh, they have such patience. Last year Avy couldn't wait and actually snuck into Kennah and Sawyer's calendar.

So this year I skipped it but said we could make ones with nice little sayings about each other. Until a friend gave them each one of chocolate. I told Avy I wasn't going to worry about it, so she gobbled it up in 30 minutes.

The next day, in a pre-emptive measure, Kennah opened all of hers just to keep Avy from eating them at some point along the month.

Sawyer is a die hard, but it is hidden high on top of the refrigerator. So much for enjoying it.

Seceretly, my money's on Avy getting into his before Christmas Eve. She's not going to let a little height stop her!

Troyer Clan said...

They are so cute!!!