Friday, August 8, 2008

Wii

John has been wanting the Lego Indiana Jones game for the computer. I wanted to get a Wii for Christmas, so after our garage sale last weekend, we bought both! Mark and I are not what you would call "gamers". The Leapster has been great for the kids. But since John has started school, he is learning all about games from friends. So, we decided to get one that is more interactive and physical, if you will. I really don't know if "Wii" made the right decision in getting a video game system at this age? (pun intended)


I can not believe how much John is loving the game! I actually have to set time limits! It has been useful in the way of punishment though. I have finally found a privilege that I can take away that makes him more aware of his actions and mouth. Today I let him play as much as he wanted. He played from 9:30 am until 8:00 pm! The only reason he stopped was that we turned it off and made him eat food! He took potty and M&M breaks, but no other! So now tomorrow he does not get to play at all. He will have to help the family do yard work.


The Wii is fun to play and watch others play. It cracks me up to watch and listen to Mark and John play. They both blame each other and the game. We must have bought a broken game because it does not work right for them! So I wonder, how many other broken games are in homes around the world? The odds can not be in only our favor, can they?



Move outta the way Alison!

5 comments:

Melissa said...

you must have done pretty good at the garage sale.

Heather said...

Thank you for the laugh! Love the photo of your boys.

Miss Kelli said...

I can't believe you finally broke down...Now for sure Jake will only want to go to your house. My house is for sure now the boring house. But how fun we will have to come over and play sometime.

Naomi & Greg said...

how fun!!! we love the Wii and we don't even own one..but they are great to play and watch.

Naomi & Greg said...

oh yeah...just wait until Tom & Tanya get there you will have some fun competition