Thursday, June 5, 2008

Doughnuts with Dad

In honor of fathers day, the Kindergartners had a special Doughnuts with Dad morning. It started at 7:30 am in the gym. Mark came home the night before just so he and John could go together. John was so excited to have dad take him to school, play games, eat and make a craft with him. It was one day that John did not have to be prodded out of bed to get ready for school.
Mark is so not a morning person! So to my surprise he set his alarm that morning to wake him up extra early. I was excited to get to sleep in because I did not have to get John ready for the 6:55 am bus ride. Imagine my disbelief when Mark's alarm goes off at 5 am and he is dressed and ready to go by 5:30 am! And of course Mark is very good at getting ready quietly in the morning. NOT! He could not understand my frustration with him and why I was still in bed. Shouldn't I be up getting John ready? Then I pointed out to him the time and he realized that he had not re-set his phone to Pacific Time (his words). Which I still do not understand, because cell phones automatically set to the current time zone where ever you are. Anyways, somehow the alarm clock did not get set to the right time, so Mark was ready to go extra early.
The guys had a wonderful time together that morning and Mark enjoyed a nap that afternoon.

2 comments:

Tanya Quinn said...

Where do I begin?! You've had so many fun adventures. It is so nice to read about them. I love to see how the kids are growing, but hate that it's from such a long distance!

Melissa said...

I loved reading your updates and seeing the pictures of you all. Looks like you've been busy having fun.