Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Do I Want To Grow Up?

I was working on the computer and heard someone getting into the closet in my bathroom. A few minutes later Alison appeared with her newest "creation". Every now and then someone in dance class or at school will comment to her about sucking her thumb. We have discussed with her what her options are, if she wants to stop, but are leaving it up to her.

"This is so I won't suck my thumb!"
"See, when I want to suck my thumb, I will think it tastes gross and I won't."

She then asked to pick a movie. Right when the movie started she went to suck her thumb. "Mom, I can't suck my thumb. I think I will try this another time. I want to suck my thumb while I watch the movie." We don't mind her staying "little" awhile longer.

1 comment:

Nicole said...

I love this. hahaha