Friday, July 17, 2009

K-I-S-S-I-N-G

I am working in the house while the kids are playing outside with the neighborhood kids. John and his buddy Blake come running in to tell me, "Mom, Alison and Pierce kissed on the lips, twice!" Thanks for telling me, lets go and clean up outside and take Blake home.
When I go outside, Pierce's parents are out too and then Pierce and John both tell them what happened. Heather, the mom, and I discuss what we will be saying to the "love birds".
Later that night as I am putting Alison to bed we have a talk. I tell her that it is not okay to kiss someone that you are not married to. She is only 5, I can tell her to wait until marriage for at least 5 more years. She then tells me that she and Pierce are going to get married so it is okay for them to kiss. I restate, that when they are married they can kiss, but not until they are married. But mom, we are going to get married. I can see that my point is not fully being made. So I throw in, you will have a time out if you do it again.
Fast forward a week. I was outside tonight visiting with some neighbors as the kids played. One of my neighbors mentioned that he saw on Heather's blog that Alison and Pierce kissed. The other neighbor then tells me that he saw them kissing yesterday as they drove around in Pierce's power wheel. The image of a moonlight night and a parked car come to my mind.
I tell Alison latter when we are in the house that one of the neighborhood dads saw her and Pierce kissing yesterday. She looks at me with a big smile and then immediately says, "no we didn't. We were just hugging in his jeep".

3 comments:

Nicole said...

This is one of the funniest things in the world! I can picture this whole thing. And even the way Alison goes about with her fib.. or is it a fib???? haha I can even see her thumb in her mouth while she talks to you during this. Oh how I miss the sound of their voice.

Kate said...

Oh my! Are you in for it, or WHAT? :-)

Anonymous said...

Hahahahaha, I was laughing so hard just now...
Love,
Michelle