Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Cooking with Butterflies

I had made cookies for the family and was sending the kids to school every day with one in their lunch. The kids in Alison's class decided that they wanted cookies too. I was asked to come and make cookies with them! Me? I don't let my kids in the kitchen with me! I gladly accepted the challenge, I mean opportunity and headed with what felt like my kitchen to the Butterfly class.

This is Alison making glue, not cookies! I just did not have one of her working with me. They get to do so many fun things at school. Thank heavens for school!

Evan and I mixing in the flour. Notice my "hovering" hand. It was really hard for me to not "help" the kids with every step. I wonder if I could have a controlling personality?

The finished product was enjoyed by all!
I had a lot of fun and came home exhausted! I stand in awe of teachers everywhere!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

spencer is sitting next to me right now and was excited to see jennifer and alison pictures:)!
Anyway, i am proud of you, way to let the kids do it :)! they look yummy I wish i could come have some...miss you :(

Melissa said...

I'm the same way. Josh let's the kids cook all the time and is real patient, and lets Sophia have control. She's usually in tears when we cook together because I'm showing her the right way (my way) to do things. At least the mess wasn't in your own kitchen.