Thursday, January 15, 2009

Do Unto Others...

Alison was pretending her duck was taking a nap in the upstairs hallway. She had gone around and turned off all of the lights upstairs. John, who had been playing downstairs, decided he needed a Lego from his room. When he found out what she had done for her duck he turned every single light upstairs back on. This was done so he could find a Lego in his room. This was also done by John while Alison was downstairs telling me what she had done. Of course John came down and bragged how he turned them all back on because he thought Ducky should wake up. Alison left to go see the damage. Then John followed to continue to tease/ brag. Then I hear all hell break loose. I go running upstairs to see what is happening and find John crying like crazy because Alison had punched him in the arm. Alison was screaming at John for touching the lights. Needless to say they were both sent to their room to cool off.

I first approached Alison to get her side of the story. Yet all she can scream is "I hate my brother! I want a new brother!" over and over. Obviously, she is in no condition to talk so I turn on some calming music for her and leave the room. I next go into John's room. After hearing his rendition of what went down, I try to explain how they were both wrong. John is just not seeing it my way and can only focus on her punching him. So then I ask what he thinks should be done to solve this problem. His reply, "I think I should punch her because we should do unto others as they do to you!"

I start to crack up and then can't even think of the correct way to say it! Well, at least we know he is listening in church. And we also know that he is not hearing every word they say.

1 comment:

Melissa said...

LOL LOL! Oh my gosh that is the funniest story ever. That girl can hold her own.